WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
From the start, it is crucial that you take the appropriate steps to preserve your rights to fair compensation and medical care paid by Workers Comp. Insurance Companies & Human Resource depts. know that the period of time right after the injury is the time you are least likely to have the right legal advice to avoid their tricks and traps.
Failure to know your rights and avoid these traps will likely result in a reduction in the recovery and denial of quality medical care necessary for you to properly heal.
If you have a question about an injury or your rights Serowka Law is here to help, call us at (312) 330-8829 so you can fully understand how best to approach this stressful time. You will not get pressure to hire us just the right advice at a crucial time for Free.
In Illinois, you have the right to:
- Consult with an attorney without fear of discharge or discrimination.
- Select two doctors at company expense for medical care.
Quality medical care by a doctor of your choice is the most important right controlling how your injury is perceived and whether you will receive workers compensation allowing you the time to properly heal.
3. Receive two-thirds of your average weekly wage while you are unable to work.
4. Receive a wage supplement if you return to a restricted duty job while under medical care and earn less than before the injury.
5. A “settlement amount” for residual disability once done with treatment.